Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Letter of Approval

Today we received our letter of approval.  
It's a bittersweet day for me.  I've been waiting patiently for three months for this letter.  I hoped to be with Mike when we received it, to share the exciting moment together.  But today I am at my grandmother's funeral.  I'm in Timmins and Mike is in Ottawa.  The past few days I have cried many tears of sadness.  I have been spending time with family reminiscing about the wonderful memories of Grandma that I will hold in my heart forever.  Of note, that mischievous smile and her wicked sense of humour!  But through all this sorrow, today I cry tears of joy.  And I smile.  For I know Grandma had a long and wonderful life, and although the chapter of my life that she was a part of is over, a new chapter is just beginning.  And I am thankful.  Thankful that Grandma was a part of my life for so long and so very thankful that Mike and I have been given this extraordinary opportunity to adopt.    

I leave you with this.
"Family isn't always blood.  It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are.  The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what."

No comments:

Post a Comment